The CVVM SOÚ AV ČR included several questions about the Czech Federation of Food Banks in the special survey Food 2022.
A majority (51%) of the Czech public has never heard of the Czech Federation of Food Banks. The remaining 49% of respondents have heard of the Czech Federation of Food Banks, but only 6% of them know what it does well, 28% know roughly and 15% do not know what it does.
According to the respondents, single parents (25%), the poor/socially vulnerable and the homeless (20% and 20% respectively) are the most in need of food aid.
Regarding the sources from where food banks get their food, respondents most frequently mentioned supermarket chains, super/hypermarkets, retailers (34%), followed by Food Collections (17%) and people, citizens and individuals (10%).
>> Full text is available in Czech only <<